Tricycle from Karl's neighborhood to bus station: 5 pesos.
Taking the "killer bus," which lacks air conditioning and flies through Manila traffic as fast as possible: 18 pesos.
Shaking hands with the guy sitting in the jeepney next to yours: 7 pesos.
Falling down inside the train because your hands are busy guarding your wallet and cell phone against pickpockets and snatchers instead of holding onto something: 10 pesos.
Getting to the office alive and seeing baby Pia's face: priceless.
1 comment:
When I was in the Philippines, I really loved riding in tricycles. I thought they were the coolest things in the world, especially the bicycle ones. Also, I really liked riding in jeepneys because they were just so ridiculous.
What I really hated riding in where these large vans with no windows and filled with people. It was super stuffy. It was also as sketchy as it sounds.
Post a Comment