Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Karl's 21st Birthday Epic

Today was Karl's debut. Women celebrate their debut at 18 and men at 21, although I don't know any guys in the states who celebrate their debut.

The party was held at my Tita Trixie's poolhouse:


This is the birthday boy:


And there are the event planners: Agatha, Karl's girlfriend; Tita Lydda, Karl's mom; and June, Karl's best friend:


Family and friends are great and all, but this is what Filipino parties are all about--food!


And this is what I'm all about:


The debut started with the food (of course). And then 21 of Karl's friends and family proceeded to give Karl 21 gifts and birthday wishes. I was number 18, and I gave him a book on the history of basketball, which is his favorite sport.

This is Karl's lolo giving his some elderly advice:


Here's a video of Mick-Mick's birthday wish:



Karl's mom went last and presented him his birthday gift--keys to his new Honda CRV:


Dang it June we already know you're hot stop posing like an import model already!


And then the entire family took a picture:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Baba, is that you laughing during Mick-Mick's speech? Does this mean that you will return here fluent in Tagalog? Can't wait!
Btw, nice pink/peach/orange shirt.